Friday, March 30, 2012

Time and Time Again


I've said this time and time again, but leaving friends is the worst feeling in the world for me. I remember when the TIUA students returned to Japan, and how lonely I felt knowing the only way to contact them was through faceless internet methods. Now, I'm getting ready to leave all my friends again, and the feeling's just as bad. Even if I can't bring myself to shed any tears, it's still painful.

The worst part is knowing where your friends are but being unable to reach out and touch them. In my mind, there is a gap between American and Japan. Even when I think about my friends, all I can think about is the distance between us. I can't even recall them fondly without that thought sinking in. I'm just trying to do my best to make it home without spitting tear-bullets out of my eyes. Some part of my brain keeps telling me I'll return to Japan someday, and that makes it slightly more tolerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment