Sunday, April 1, 2012

Big News!

This is probably going to come as a sudden shock to most of you. I've spoken to some people about it via e-mail, but I haven't had time to contact all of my friends and family. Suffice to say, I have just been offered an amazing opportunity and have a limited time to take advantage of it. Unfortunately, it will require me to remain in Japan for at least another year.

I was contacted by a Japanese company in Tokyo earlier today. The company specializes in Japanese animation and is called ありさ (Arisa). You can learn more about them at their website, here. They have offered me a job translating English movies to Japanese. This job would involve me creating Japanese subtitles to be displayed with major motion pictures from around the world. Needless to say, I am excited.

I know many of you are likely disappointed that I won't be returning to America as planned. My plane was scheduled for April 3rd. Now I'm busy trying to cancel my flight reservation and secure new housing, preferrably somewhere in Tokyo. Still, I hope you will all continue to support me while I take on this exciting new venture. I need to brush up on my Japanese!

No comments:

Post a Comment